QuantumPath® evaluation in a real situation
Taking advantage of the Great success of attendance at the Workshop – Introduction to Amazon Braket and QuantumPath®: Creating Quantum Solutions, and the possibility given to the more than 200 attendees to thoroughly test both platforms for 72 hours, a survey was elaborated to collect the users’ opinion about the actual functioning and features of QuantumPath®.
The workshop, which had the clear objective of putting in the hands of the quantum workforce technologies and tools to facilitate their work as quantum software developers, was attended by representative profiles of what today is part of the quantum workforce: researchers, university professors, engineers, physicists, mathematicians, university students, developers, CEOs, CIOs, CTOs, …
Responses were obtained from the attendees from Italy, Portugal, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Uruguay, USA, France, and Spain, 35% of whom are willing to use QuantumPath® in short term (3 to 6 months) and 26% in medium term (6 to 12 months):
Besides, 25% of the survey respondents are thinking of integrating a classic software application of their company with quantum computing services in short term (3 to 6 months) and 22% in medium term (6 to 12 months):
The questions directly related to QuantumPath® in the survey and the corresponding answers are as follows:
1. QuantumPath® helps you designing the quantum algorithms and organize them into solutions under a user-friendly repository?
2. QuantumPath® supports the execution of quantum process units transparently of the environment in which they are executed?
3. QuantumPath® accelerates the construction and deployment of quantum applications, abstracting their technical complexities?
4. QuantumPath® proposes a truly agnostic approach, including both quantum gates and quantum annealing?
5. qSOA® simplifies the integration of quantum software and classical IT?
The survey shows respondents’ high expectations for using platforms like QuantumPath® to develop high-quality quantum software and algorithms.
Seen in relation to the above, it is not surprising that about 50% of the attendees contemplate, in less than 12 months, integrating classical software with quantum software. It is clear that something that was unthinkable a few months ago is one of the challenges of quantum computing today: its practical application.
As can be seen in the answers to all the questions directly related to QuantumPath®, the results of the survey confirm, with the actual use of the platform, the users’ recognition of the capabilities and advantages of QuantumPath® and, thanks to this, , its worth in meeting the challenges of industry-ready quantum software development.